Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Ejimacation...

I so appreciate all of my education:
    The Seymour Family Altar: that's a whole other post;
    Boarding School in Tari, PNG, @ 8 years old, while Mama and Daddy were in Goroka, PNG for the birth of Davey;
    Calvert Correspondance School (curriculum Mama used for my homeschooling, grades 1 - 7);
    Public School, Stoutsville, Ohio, 5th grade: elected "Penny Queen" for the school carnival;
    One Room School Haus, Kar Station, PNG, 8th grade, with an amazing missionary teacher Ruth McClain;
    Mt. Carmel High School, Vancleve, Kentucky, 9th - 12 th grades;
   Circleville Bible College, '76 - '79, graduated with Bible Diploma, major Christian Education;
   Circleville Bible College, '91 - '93, graduated with BA in Christian Ministries;
   Life with Rev. Richard Oliver, '79 - '91, pastor's wife, mom of Stephanie & MaryAnn;
   Life as a widow, single-mom, dating-&-married-again-in-my-late-30's;
   Life with Stephanie & MaryAnn, now 31 & 25: they have taught me the most about being a real person;
   Life with Paulie and Ashlee, our now 12 year old, special needs daughter.
   Life as a pastor that is female; and...
   Two failed attempts to start my Master's in Leadership &/or Spiritual Formation.

So this week I began an Online Orientation Class to prepare me for History & Polity of The Church of The Nazarene.  This is the only course I need to have my ordination credentials from CCCU recognized and transferred to The Nazarene's.  Online education, a virtual classroom, daily assignment posts...ah, nothing but diagramming Scripture verses in Miss Reed's English class at MCHS could have prepared me for this!

As a third generation preacher, I am most grateful to be continually a student in The School of The Holy Spirit.  "But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ." I John 2:27

Rev. Glen Seymour(grandpa) and Daddy(Rev. Don Seymour), you are my heroes!  Thank you for modeling a hunger and thirst for righteousnes.  Mama, thank you for never giving up on me till I learned to love reading as much as you do!  Dr. Case and Dr. McQuire, thank you for teaching me to dig in and pull out the deep truths of the Word.  Dr. John Maxwell, thank you for always recognizing me and helping me believe that God has great plans for my life.

Father, thank you for allowing me to be born in a time of optimal educational opportunity.  Please keep my computer working till I get through this latest learning endeavor.  Amen!

  

1 comment:

  1. I saw the title and said to myself..."What the heck is Ejimacation....oh...duh...I get it!"

    You are blessed. Truly. Really. I'm sure you realize it - but just in case you don't - take it from me...you are blessed beyond belief whenever you can list your family altar as the beginning of your Ejimacation....I am not so fortunate. For although I have a rich, Christian family heritage, my immediate family wasn't as rooted and grounded until later years. And btw...I said to my dear husband today, "Honey, I think we need to start family devotions...we need to spend time together teaching Olivia God's Word..." He smiled...and agreed. (God is good!)

    I am praying for you...for a number of reasons and for a number of situations...one of which is your class...and the furthering of your education. I believe that History and Polity is just the beginning my friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete